Looking Good

Looking Good

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime . . . and the Living Ain't Easy

Meanwhile, back at the ole Tyler Hacienda:

We are just kicking it back during the summer. Mark and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this next week, so we'll be taking a little trip together. I am really looking forward to it.

I just spent the last week at Camp Yearbook up at Snowbird Resort. Wow. It was fun and educational. I learned a lot about yearbook that I didn't know. My two students who came up with me and I are committed to making a better yearbook this year. Anyway, when I got back from yearbook camp, Mark and I spent some time reminiscing about our dating days. What memories!

Megan spent a week at EFY. She enjoyed it but claimed that her session had no cute boys. I know it's hard to believe, but she pretty much lives for eye candy -- she's so much like her mother. Now she is busy taking Driver's Ed. online.

Megan and Caleb attended our ward's youth conference at Goblin Valley. When Megan left, she was determined that she was going to have a terrible time. When she came back, we asked her how it was, and she said, "Awesome!! We nearly died!!" So, apparently the near-death experience caused by a flash flood while they were hiking in a slot canyon really made the whole trip for her. Caleb was a little less enthusiastic about dying, but he apparently had a good time. He also brought home half of Goblin Valley in his bag and shoes.

I am working on a project as usual. I just can't seem to leave well enough alone. I've also noticed that I'll do anything to get out of the house. Anyway, I am putting in pavers around my garden to keep the weeds down and just to make it look good. Here are some working shots:




It's actually much further along than this now, as I've worked on it quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment