Looking Good

Looking Good

Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Time Yearbook Teacher Has Success!

As some of you may know, I took on my school's yearbook class this year in addition to teaching my other classes. It has been both a fun and frustrating experience. I know I've learned a lot--probably more than my students, actually!

Anyway, our yearbook is almost finished (we just have one more file that a senior editor needs to upload on Monday), and I am experiencing a great feeling of accomplishment and pride for my little staff. Our theme was Technically Speaking, and we really took that theme and ran with it. Here's our cover--it looks like a computer hybrid between a Mac and a PC:
The actual cover looks way cooler than this--this is just a small file drawing of it.

Our pages themselves look like internet sites, except for our first and last pages, which look like a computer desktop and the infamous "blue screen of death."  Here are some examples (if you click on them you can see a larger version, I think):


It's been a ton of fun making UCAS themed near copies of various websites. (I hope you recognize Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, and Youtube.)

2 comments:

  1. Those pages look awesome! How did you make all of the templates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do our yearbook through Jostens, and they have an awesome program that we use. Some of the pages (the desktop page on top,) are screen shots that my talented PhotoShop guru tweaked and then imported into the Jostens site.

    ReplyDelete